The Downtimes tool is used to schedule and manage monitoring downtime for all monitored entities including hosts, services, host groups, and service groups for regular and recurring downtime.
- Go to Configuration > Downtimes.
- Select what is to be placed in downtime, host, host group, or service group. In this example we select Add Host Downtime.
- Checking the box corresponding to a host selects the host and all the hosts services.
- Selecting the drop-down arrow in the Service column for a host, exposes the associated services. Check/uncheck host/services for downtime.
- Click the Add downtime button at the top of the screen.
- Enter the following fields, and click Add to schedule the configured downtime:
- Downtime Start and End times
- A downtime Duration (defaults to 60 minutes, if changed will update the End time)
- And a downtime Comment is required and is useful to document the reason for the downtime
- The Repeat option allows for recurring downtime to be scheduled daily, weekly, monthly, yearly.
- To view scheduled downtime, go to Configuration > Downtimes > List.
- Select the Type drop-down (on the left side of the screen) to list All, Active, Regular, or Recurring scheduled downtime.
- The Repeat drop-down (on the right side of the screen) allows for filtering by type of repeat.
- To sort downtimes select a column title, the default sort is by Start date/time.
- Listed downtimes can be filtered by entering text within the filter bar for each column.
- To delete specific downtime check the corresponding downtimes and click Delete selected.
- Based on type of downtime, the displayed icons allows for editing, copying, or ending downtime.
Notifications troubleshooting (Knowledge Base)
Notifications and Downtime (Documentation)
How to configure notifications using NoMa (Knowledge Base)
How to configure notifications using Nagios (Knowledge Base)
Home Dashboard (GroundWork Support 8)
Nagios Notifications (GroundWork Support 8)
Scheduled Downtime (GroundWork Support 8)