Custom Groups are collections of host group or service group objects at the user interface level and provide a more streamlined navigation and logical organization of monitors.
Creating a custom group
- As an Administrator, select Configuration > Custom Groups.
- Click on the CG+ icon to add a custom group.
- Fill in a Name (must be unique) and Description for the new group.
- Check the box next to each available group to be added as a group member.
- Click Add.
Editing a custom group
A custom group can be edited by right clicking the title and selecting Edit, Create Custom Group, Delete or Other, each described below:
- Edit: Remove or add group members
- Create Custom Group: Create a custom group at the root level or within an existing custom group
- Delete: Group or Group, and make children root nodes
- Group: Remove a custom group and its members
- Group, and make children root nodes: Remove the custom group and make any children root
- Other - Detach and make root: Detach the custom group and move it with any children to the root level
Custom Groups (Documentation)