Default system users include admin, operator, and user. This page steps through adding a new user using an existing role.
Adding a new user
- Login as an Administrator, hover over Administration and select Users.
- Click the + icon at the top of the screen.
- On the New User screen, enter the user information:
- Enter the fields User Name (e.g, first initial last name), First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
- Continue by clicking No Roles Assigned and assign appropriate role(s) for the user. Roles map to application pages, actions, hostgroups, service groups and custom groups.
- If LDAP is enabled you can enter the LDAP User Name.
- Optionally, click the user image to add a new image.
- Click Save.
- Enter, confirm and set a user password. LDAP user passwords cannot be changed in this UI.
- Existing user configurations can be edited using the action icons at the top of the Users page. In addition to adding users, each user selected can be updated; roles can be modified, status can be set (active/inactive), and users can be removed. To change a user password, click the user name and select Change Password. Non administrative users may change their own passwords.
Menu Editor (Documentation)
Users, Roles and Permissions (Documentation)
How to track system changes (Knowledge Base)
Adding Certificates to HTTPS (Documentation)
Configuration Files (Documentation)
How to manage menu items (Knowledge Base)
How to configure LDAP (Knowledge Base)
How to create a new role (Knowledge Base)
LDAP Mapping (Documentation)
How to manage system security (Knowledge Base)
NeDi Flowi NetFlow sFlow and packet capture (Documentation)