The Downtimes tool is used to schedule and manage monitoring downtime for all monitored entities including hosts, services, host groups, and service groups for regular and recurring downtime.
- Go to Configuration > Downtimes.
- Select what is to be placed in downtime, host, host group, or service group. In this example we select Add Host Downtime.
- Checking the box corresponding to a host selects the host and all the hosts services.
- Selecting the drop-down arrow in the Service column for a host, exposes the associated services. Check/uncheck host/services for downtime.
- Click the Add downtime button at the top of the screen.
- Enter the following fields, and click Add to schedule the configured downtime:
- Downtime Start and End times
- A downtime Duration (defaults to 60 minutes, if changed will update the End time)
- And a downtime Comment is required and is useful to document the reason for the downtime
- The Repeat option allows for recurring downtime to be scheduled daily, weekly, monthly, yearly.
- To view scheduled downtime, go to Configuration > Downtimes > List.
- Select the Type drop-down (on the left side of the screen) to list All, Active, Regular, or Recurring scheduled downtime.
- The Repeat drop-down (on the right side of the screen) allows for filtering by type of repeat.
- To sort downtimes select a column title, the default sort is by Start date/time.
- Listed downtimes can be filtered by entering text within the filter bar for each column.
- To delete specific downtime check the corresponding downtimes and click Delete selected.
- Based on type of downtime, the displayed icons allows for editing, copying, or ending downtime.