Best used to view monitoring events with direct drill-down to more detail. The Events dashboard allows for viewing and filtering of GroundWork monitoring events from all monitoring data sources including virtual environments, servers monitored by Nagios, Cloud Hub, Syslog and Trap feeds. This dashboard displays events with host and service links to the Status dashboard for further user interaction. A similar dashboard, is included within the Home Dashboard. Each event shows the date/time the event was received by the GroundWork server, the associated host and service, status at the time of the event, host or service message, the application type the event originated (e.g., VEMA for VMware), and the severity of the alert (e.g., LOW, HIGH).
Filters and Time Periods
Events can be searched and filtered for an indicated block of time. The Edit Filters button, displayed a the top of the screen, enables the event list to include specific events for the time period selected. Filter events by Search Mode, Host Name, Service Name, Message Text, Host Monitor Status, Service Monitor Status, and Severity.
The Time Picker lets you isolate events to the specified time period along with the selected filters.
The columns displayed in the event list are described here:
- Received by GW: Monitoring system date and time the event was initially reported and received by GroundWork Monitor.
- Host: Host where the event was reported and links to monitors in the Status dashboard.
- Service: Service for the service alert.
- Status: Current status of monitors. Color coding matches the status. Ok (green) device is up; Critical (red) device is in a critical, fatal, down or unreachable state depending on the application type, and Warning (yellow) indicates an event is in a warning state. There is also a Pending status (orange) for an unknown state.
- Message: Indicates status and a brief description of the event. Links in Event message text are clickable and useful for example messages that contain hyperlinks to other systems.
- Application Type: Application type of the event. This can be system level errors for monitoring type events e.g., DOCK, NAGIOS, VEMA.
- Severity: Application severity. Severity type will depend on what type of events are being viewed.