It is possible to implement CI/CD scripting starting in GroundWork 8.6.3. This functionality is scripted, and available in a public GitHub repository.
For those with access to GroundWork Monitor docker images, it is possible to install GroundWork from these images using deployment scripts.
The following steps assume that the repository is not present on the machine on which the installation / update is being performed.
$ git clone https://github.com/gwos/installer.git $ cd installer $ vi config.yml
Once configuration of the config.yml file is completed, simply run the installation script.
Parameters from the config.yml file:
• gw8.tag - GW8 version you want to install/update (required)
• gw8.image - name of the installation image (required)
• gw8.instance_name - name of the GW8 instance (required)
• gw8.parent_instance_name - name of the GW8 parent (for PMC installation only)
• gw8.parent_instance_name - name of the GW8 instance (for PMC installation only)
• gw8.timezone - timezone to use for GW8 instance
• gw8.dir - directory to store the gw8 folder with configuration files
• docker.user - DockerHub username to pull necessary images (required)
• docker.password - DockerHub password to pull necessary images (required)
docker: user: admin password: admin gw8: tag: master image: groundworkdevelopment/gw8 instance_name: localhost parent_instance_name: child_instance_name: timezone: America/Denver dir: gw8
To override any of the files which would normally be found in the "ULG" volume (/usr/local/groundwork/config), simply place them in the config directory. This allows a more extensive configuration of the GroundWork installation.