Update from Installer
This page steps through an update installation for GroundWork Monitor 8.0.0. The Update from Installer is an offline method, does not require internet access, and uses a distributed GroundWork Installer file to install.
Prepare and Run
- First, check your system is prepared as described in System Requirements, including installing Docker CE and Docker Compose.
- Review the Release Notes for the version you are upgrading to, which contain details of issues fixed, new features, and items of interest to those users who have customized or significantly enhanced a previous version of GroundWork Monitor.
The Installer method of installation supports updates, and running the Installer will update an existing GroundWork Monitor installation.It is recommended you perform a backup before updating your installation.
- Open a command line to the directory where you installed GroundWork Monitor 8. This is the directory above the
gw8directory. Check with an
lscommand to be sure. You should see the
- Next, go to the Downloads page and select the Installer file for the new version and place it in this directory.
Change the installer mode:
If you are running the optional NeDi
nfpcapdcontainers, stop them by hand:
This will give you the container name as the last column in the output, like this:
Usually, these are nfcapd_collector (for netflow) and nfpcapd_capture (for packet capture). For each of these containers, type:
where <name> is the name of the container, e.g.
Run the installer:
- The installer will function much as it does during a New Install, with the exception that it will not prompt for a host name if the host name is already set. The installer will shut down GroundWork, extract all the new containers, update the system and restart it.
If you want to run the optional NeDi
nfpcapdcontainers again, start them with:
or re-create them with this procedure.