Introduction to GroundWork Monitor 8.1.1
GroundWork Monitor 8.1.1 is a new version of a mature product, GroundWork Monitor Enterprise.
Much of this version is enhanced from the last (8.1.0). We have re-worked the home screen with a new design and made several usability enhancing changes to the dashboards. For instance, you can now see events for each host and each service in context, and in filtered views by state or message content.
Why did we make this version?
We have a lot of ideas on how to enhance our product, and some big changes coming that we need to get ready for. This version is easier to use, and performs a little better than 8.1.0, with fewer issues and more reliable performance. We do recommend upgrading if you are using a prior version.
What is different?
- Home Dashboard has a new look: The same data with a nice new design.
- Event viewer: We added some nice new filtering features, including message text. Also, if these is a hyperlink in a message, it's now clickable.
- GDMA is enhanced to more gracefully handle certificate download, and thus reduce configuration tasks to a bare minimum.
- LDAP and LDAPS were re-worked to be easier to configure, and several issues addressed.
- It's now easy to add your own private CA certs to the system, making it easier to lock down GroundWork in an isolated network.
What’s the state of this version?
It’s ready to use for new monitoring projects with standalone, parent child, and distributed monitoring servers.
What do I need to know to be able to use GroundWork Monitor 8.1.1?
We are providing a Quick Start document for those of you new to monitoring with GroundWork Monitor 8.1.1. There’s a lot of community knowledge that you can use when setting up GroundWork Monitor, especially if you ever used a prior version. There are, however, some Docker Commands administrators will want to get familiar with in order to make the most of their GroundWork Monitor 8.1.1 installations.
What to do, and What not to do
Please see Best Practices.